Bob Wamhoff is President of Wamhoff Financial Planning & Accounting Services, one of the Top 100 independent financial planning firm in the United States as ranked by assets under management by Registered Rep Magazine. Established in 1975, Wamhoff currently manages over $404 million in assets for over 800 active clients. The firm’s accounting division prepares over 1,000 tax returns. Bob currently leads a staff of 24 financial planning and tax professionals.
In 2014 and 2015, Bob was named to the Barron’s Top Advisor List which ranks the top advisors in each state. Bob is among the few financial advisors to make the list in the St. Louis area, and the only one in St. Charles County. He and the team at Wamhoff have been honored with a number of accolades over the years for business and community service accomplishments, including:
- 2014: Most Admired CEOs, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
- 2010-2014: Best Accounting Firms, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
- 2009, 2011, 2013: Best in Customer Service, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
- 2012: St. Charles Employer of the Year, City of St. Charles, Greater St. Charles County Chamber
- 2011: Top 100 St. Louisans to Know, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
- 2010: Top 100 Independent Financial Planners in the U.S., Registered Rep Magazine
- 2010: Five Star Wealth Manager
- 2010: Beyond the Best in Business, Streetscape Magazine
- 2010: Best Financial Planner in St. Charles County, Suburban Journals
- 2009: Invest in Others Community Service Award, Investment News
- 2009: 50 Over 50, St. Charles Business Magazine
- 2009: Top 20 Under 20, St. Louis Small Business Monthly
Outside of his work, Bob runs a large charity in Honduras with his wife Diane called Timmy’s Mountain: Just Because We Care. Established in 2003, the organization feeds and educates children in a small mountain village in Honduras, with the mission of: Changing lives of the children and families on Timmy’s Mountain with unconditional love, food and education for a brighter future. Supporters of Timmy’s Mountain travel to the country several times per year to work with those in need. In September, 2009, Bob was recognized for his work in Honduras, receiving a national Community Leadership Award by InvestmentNews, which donated $12,500 to Just Because in his honor.
Bob’s story has been featured in the St. Louis Business Journal, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, KTVI Fox 2 News, KMOX Radio, St. Louis Small Business Monthly, the St. Charles County Business Record, Streetscape Magazine, Suburban Journals, Investment News, and Registered Rep. He is a regular guest on the KTVI Mid-Day News Program discussing financial planning and accounting matters, and is also a regular contributor to KMOX’s Mark Reardon Show.
- One of Barron’s Top Advisors: 2015
- One of Barron’s Top Advisors: 2014
- Registered Rep Magazine: August, 2009; of independent financial planners surveyed, based on assets under management
- Registered Rep Magazine: March 2009; nominated by his peers for an award sponsored by the magazine
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Top 20 Under 20 Award: October 2009, judged and awarded by the publication to businesses with fewer than 20 employees.
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Best in Customer Service List: October 2009, as voted by readers of the publication.
- St. Charles Business Magazine, 50 Over 50 Community Shaper Award: October 2009: as judged and awarded by the publication.
- Streetscape Magazine, “Beyond the Best” in business: October 2010; as judged and awarded by the publication.
- Suburban Journals of St. Charles County, Best Financial Planner Award: October 2010; as voted by readers of the publication
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, Best in Customer Service List: February2011, as voted by readers of the publication